Thursday, August 13, 2009

Sad aris Thomasi?

That means, where is Thomas?...but my brain in English reads it as Sad Is Thomas... I'm sad writing this blog today because it will likely be the last blog I'll write from Georgia. I'll try to do a follow up when I get back to Dublin, but life may grab me by the collar and not let go for a while.

Georgia has been one of the most profound experiences of my life. In complete honesty, I do not want to leave. I love it here. The people (even the grumpy ones) are wonderful. Georgian hospitality is unrivaled anywhere in the world. The language, the food, the music, the amazing scenery and most importantly the friends I've made here. My classmates and teachers who just let me be Thomas. Shota, my friend who has walked with me almost everyday for the last 4 weeks translating and taking care of me. I will miss him the most. We recorded two songs...we're still mixing but they should be ready by Sunday when I fly. The rock and roll number is great fun and the heavy metal track is also something I'm really proud of.

I can't say goodbye right now, because I still have 3 more days...and things are swirling around my head so fast I can't really concentrate.

I could list the places I've been like St. George's White Monestary but that probably won't mean a lot to too many of you reading this...instead, I'll tell you that I have fallen even more in love with Georgia than I was when I arrived. I will be back, and very soon. Hopefully in September of 2010. I was the worst student in language class, but I suspect I've learned the most.

Thank you for reading my blog. I hope you've enjoyed it.

Gaumarjos Sakartvelo! Didi madlobaht qualaperi tvees. Shen gkakvs chemi ghuli.


Thomasi

No comments:

Post a Comment