Thursday, August 6, 2009

Blogging is HARD!

I don't remember what I've written last or when. Time on the internet is a precious commodity so I can't spend too much time looking at old posts - but maybe I should so I don't repeat myself.

A few important items of note. We went to the Mt. Kazbegi region, stopping in the village of Ananuri on our way where I was able to dip my toes in the lake. Our neighbor friend Levani was there and he came to meet us which was really nice. Nothing like a mountain lake on a hot summer day...really wanted to swim but we didn't have time.

My friend Shota gave us a bottle of cha cha which is kind of like a homemade Georgian vodka and everyone was going to have just a taste but it was so good they all got locked on it! The next morning we woke at 5:45am to get a good view of Mt. Kazbegi which is usually covered in clouds. Its a good thing we did because we saw this GIANT of a mountain covered in snow and it was breathtaking. Speaking of breathtaking, we hiked up to Gorecki Cathedral which was one of the hardest climbs I've ever done...not to imply that I've done a lot of climbs! But it was HARD! This church was built in the 10th century as a pagan site and then in the 14th century it became a Christian church. This GORGEOUS church has stood on top of this mountain for 1000 years! That is crazy.

On the way home I bought a papakhi on the road side...you'll just have to wait for the photos but it matches my hair!

On Tuesday Shota and I went into the studio to record one of his rock and roll songs...its so rock and roll its actually called Rock And Roll. It turned out really good and he's mixing down the vocals now. It will be included on his second album but I'm hoping to also release it on line as a Tom Dunning & Your Boyfriend's song. We're going back into the studio on Friday or Saturday to record the heavy metal song Crazy Girl. He want's me to sing like Ozzy. I don't even know what that means!! Ha ha ha! Shota has been the best friend to me here...everyday we are hanging out and he's taking me to all the different places I want to go in Tbilisi. I will miss him a lot when I go back to Dublin. Its only 11 days now so I want to stretch it out as long as I can...I really don't want to leave and I'm already planning a return visit. My language hasn't come on as well as I'd like, but I've chosen other educational experiences here in Georgia so I'm not dissatisfied at all.

Oh, last thing...saw BRUNO at the cinema last night. Now, Sean and I saw it in Dublin and I found it hilarious and brave filmmaking. It was just as good in RUSSIAN(wtf???) with no subtitles! Laughed a lot and still found it very insightful to the phenomena of homo-hatred.

This weekend, our last excursion is to Khaketi...we'll visit Tsinandali, Telavi, Signagni and Bodbe.

Will definitely try to get at least one more blog post up before the end of the trip!

Be well,

Thomas

1 comment:

  1. Gorecki is a mistake...I'm quite sure its Gergeti Cathedral. My apologies!

    ReplyDelete