Saturday, July 18, 2009

"Sorry, I don't do verbs!"

First week of school is over and I've just about survived. 4 more to go. Seriously thought about dropping out this week as I'm the worst student on the course...I've never actually learned HOW to learn a language so I don't really know what I'm doing.

Anyway, the school are making some modifications for my 'special needs!' Ha ha ha!

I feel like I'm at an educational summer camp and not really having the vacation time I want...but I knew that didn't I?

Today we went to Mtsketa, the first and ancient capital of Georgia. Visited some important churches and monastaries.

Oh, and I had a visit from kuchis ashliloba this week...I won't go into the gorey details but I had to stay home from school on Thursday.

I'm off to bed now, sorry for the short post.

Going to see the band 33a tomorrow at Vakesparki! 4th row center!! Finally, some live music. The rock scene here shuts down for July and August and moves to Batumi, the seaside resort town. :-( I'm going with a friend from Facebook, Shota....he's a musician and I've played his songs on HOOTRadio.

More later.

Love from Tbilisi!

3 comments:

  1. Glad you're having an awesome time -- and you'll pick up the language in your own way, and on your own time. When I did a summer Latin course, I was failing at the end of the first week, but I was flying along by the third week. And you have a more intuitive way of understanding language, which may not lend itself to grammar tests, and so might take you a bit longer to pick up the logistical stuff, but you're still absorbing the emotional and social elements of language, which are more important when it comes to interacting in Georgian.

    What is kuchis ashliloba?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, BTW, it's Jane. It won't let me post as my wordpress account, so that's my blogspot blog that I never use. Missing you here!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mr. Dunning, I'm watching your use of British English on behalf of the U.S. government.

    In Oak Lawn you never said "ON a course" or "the school are" but now you do.

    Yes, you will be closely monitored indeed.

    ;-)

    Have fun!
    From a rainy NYC

    ReplyDelete